New Mexico Patient Care Technician
In New Mexico, Patient Care Technicians are required to be listed on the New Mexico Nurse Aide Registry. Certain basic criteria must be met first before applying.
Basic requirements for becoming a Nurse Aide in New Mexico.
To become a Nurse Aide, one must do the following:
- Completing Nurse Aide training and passing both written and skills exams
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Strong desire to help people
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good physical conditioning
You must also obtain national certification as a Patient Care Technician. We highly recommend seeking certification through the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
Eligibility requirements to take an NHA certification exam:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have completed a training program or have one year work experience in the field
- Be at least 18 years of age
Note: The current fee for taking the exam is $149. Check with your PCT training program to see if this is included in your tuition and fees.
New Mexico Contact Information:
NM Nurse Aide Registry
2040 South Pacheco Street
2nd Floor, Rm 413
Santa Fe, NM 87505