Maine Patient Care Technician
In Maine, Patient Care Technicians are required to be listed on the Maine Registry Of Nursing Assistants. Certain basic criteria must be met first before applying.
Basic requirements for becoming a Nursing Assistant in Maine:
To become a Nursing Assistant, one must do the following:
- Completing Nursing Assistant training and passing both written and skills exams
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Strong desire to help people
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good physical conditioning
You must also obtain national certification as a Patient Care Technician. We highly recommend seeking certification through the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
Eligibility requirements to take an NHA certification exam:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have completed a training program or have one year work experience in the field
- Be at least 18 years of age
Note: The current fee for taking the exam is $149. Check with your PCT training program to see if this is included in your tuition and fees.
Maine Contact Information:
ME Registry of Certified Nursing Assistants
ME Department of Human Services
Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services
State House Station #11
41 Anthony Avenue
Augusta, ME 04333